Saturday, September 22, 2012

A little bit of Wisdom

So I thought I'd give a little update on Wisdom since we spend so much uninterrupted time together lately! I have really enjoyed getting more one-on-one time with Wisdom and I think he's enjoying it to (although I'm confident he'd rather be playing with Kindly most of the time).
A typical morning consists of watching cartoons together (we like Curious George and Super Why), building train tracks, playing with cars, reading books, and cleaning up the house. As much as I enjoy playing all morning, the house still needs to be cleaned but Wisdom has been jumping right in there lately and wanting to "help". Sometimes it is help, sometimes . . . well, it's a little frustrating for both of us!



On this occasion Wisdom helped me collect all the dirty laundry from each room and load it into the washer. He didn't want to get down off the dryer until the water finished filling up the washer. And even then there was a lot of kicking and screaming when I took him down!




Wisdom LOVES popcorn! He loves not just eating it, but the whole process of making it -- from listening for that first kernel to pop to adding butter and salt. Sometimes we pop some to eat while we watch PBS kids together.


Wisdom also loves to help BBQ. Here he is "helping" Travis. He's keeping his distance though since we told him it was very hot! We left out BBQ when we moved and then we didn't buy one here for a couple of months. We really missed it so now we are barbequing all the time!

Notice the cute pink Crocs Wisdom is wearing! Interestingly enough, Kindly only wears 2 sizes bigger than Wisdom. I think he finds her shoes so much easier to put on that he is wearing hers all the time!

Wisdom's Stats:

Age: 2 years, 3 months
Weight: 33 pounds
Height: 36 inches
Shoe size: just moved into a size 8 (although still fits in his 6 1/2 church shoes - weird).
Clothing size: still 2T but we'll start transitioning into 3T soon.

Wisdom is really talking a lot. He surprises me with new phrases everyday. It is fun to decipher where he learned each one. Here are a few of his most recent favorite things to say:

"Peastop mom!" Translation - Please stop mom! --spoken usually when I'm trying to comb his hair or help him sing a song. He's becoming very independent but at least he's polite!

"cummirror mom" Translation -- Come here mom. Almost always accompanied with a wave of the hand showing me where I'm following him.

"No!" Sometimes screamed in a loud voice and immediately followed by hitting me which is then immediately followed by a time-out. Just the word "time-out" brings Wisdom to his knees. He does not like his time-outs.

"un, two, fee, jump!" Translation - One, two, three, jump! -- always said after getting dressed or a diaper change when he is ready to jump back up to his feet.

"Hey!" Spoken whenever he gets something taken away from him or when he can't figure something out on his own (example: when a puzzle piece won't fit in quite right).

"I lub you" Translation - I love you. -- The sweetest phrase that I like to hear all the time. I especially love it when he grabs each side of my head and very quietly whispers it in my ear like a secret!

2 comments:

Genealogy...Living in the Past Lane! said...

That is so cute--especially the secret! :) I love how fascinated he is with machines--he is all boy! :)

summerbummer said...

He is SO cute! Love what a big helper he is :)